Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Future Breakdown


It's funny that Dean Evans asked us to do a dream list today. I actually write out a "List of Accomplishments" every year, or school year and summer. And, I am proud to say that most of what I write down, if not all, I can check off at the end of the year. I've done this for the past three years, and every year I will sit down in the bed and just think about what I want to do, then I break it down to what I need to get accomplished right now to get to the overall goal. After I write it out in my cute little book, I pray over it. And pray and pray and pray. So I would have to say this is the easiest, and most useful blog for me.

20 years
*Work Life*
Manage a nonprofit organization (something to do with children and community)
Morning News Anchor on major news network or Host of my own show or Journalism high school teacher (This is where I pray for God to put me where he knows I need to be - Jeremiah 29:11)
Being asked to help write textbooks and/or make videos and documentaries
*Family Life*
Married, 3 kids, living in a friendly community, close enough to see family whenever possible, yet far enough for them not to get on my nerves, be very involved in church, Sunday dinners, vacations to resorts (so no paycheck to paycheck stress)

5 years
*Work Life*
Master's degree in Communications
PhD candidate (pray pray pray)
Work part time in any field of communications for the experience or...
Teaching Certificate to teach full time at high school while go to school part time
part of a nonprofit organization
*Family Life*
Married, 2 kids, close to home and family

Next Year
*Work Life*
Master's degree candidate
Teaching Assistantship
Work part time at radio station or news station, whichever will hire me first

*What to accomplish now*Get in contact with graduate program and start application process
Look into the classes for a teaching certificate
Get back into contact with my contacts at the radio and news station
In the fall, begin filming new tapes
Update resume
PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY

1 comment: